Sunday, November 21, 2010

Tis the Season to be Baking (and eating)

Jamie loves helping me bake, well lets say...she loves cracking the eggs, helping to stir the batter and licking the beaters.

We just saw a commercial for Sugar Cookies, and you know they look so decorative, and I am sure they are fun to make (are they fun or just tedious?)

I just really REALLY love my Regular Toll house cookies, loads more then traditional Christmas cookies. Wonder if maybe I sprinkle some green and red sugar on them?

The other thing I really love as a traditional Holiday baked item is my Homemade Coffee Cake. It is made with sour cream for moistness and has a streusal stripe of cocoa, sugar and cinnamon running through it and on top. It's so yum.

But Mike doesn't like cake and Jamie doesn't like cinnamon. So I need to make it when I know there will be others around.

Think I could serve it for desert on Thanksgiving? I am really wanting me some Homemade Coffee Cake!

2 comments:

Lauri said...

Livi and I love making roll out sugar cookies & gingerbread men, it is tedious & messy... sprinkles everywhere... but worth it


Your coffee cake sounds good

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Does Jamie like the peanut butter cookies with the hershey kiss on top? It's fun for the kids to put on the kisses after they come out of the oven.presc