Monday, April 27, 2009

A New 'Do



I got a wild hair...or should I say I got rid of a few wild hairs - Ha! Anyway, I got thinking about going shorter to have a more professional image. I have been watching a bit of 'What not to Wear' and 'How to look 10 years Younger' and a gal at work just got hers cut short and I really have been liking it.

I was thinking of going to my regular guy at Hair Cuttery and I decided to go to a real salon. I called my good friend Chris and told her I was ready for a 'big girl cut' and asked her for her gals name and number. She fit me in that day and the rest as they say is history.

I have never spent more than $20 for a cut in my life before and this was four times that after buying products and a tip. The gals name is April - she is from New York City and is that classic New Yorker - she was more excited than I about my big change. She is trying to talk to me into caramel highlights for next time, we will see. I am pretty happy about my home color and the price is sure affordable.

One step towards the new me. I am happy with the change and so is Mike, and the people at work were freaked - I haven't had that many people visit my desk ever. I have basically wore my hair the same way for the 16 years I have worked there, so they were pretty surprised. Same for Mike although I did warn him before I got home. Also, he has always like bangs on me so he is a happy guy.

Stay tuned for more changes. I feel ready and empowered for some reason.

4 comments:

Just Lisa said...

YOWSA!!!! Who's that sexy Mama??? I love it!

I think I'm going to go with highlights the next time I go to the salon. Wylee is against it, but I'm guessing that if I do it without telling him, it will be at least 6 weeks before he notices!

Lauri said...

OH MY GOSH>>>>> I LOVE IT

way to go.... you look so beautiful and those bangs really bring out your eyes and you do look 10 years younger....

Can't tell you ENOUGH how much I love it...so flattering and Nick Arrjo.. the hair guy on what not to wear is my fav stylist evah

Marthavmuffin said...

Thanks you two! I am loving it too. Can't believe it took me this long to do it. (One reason is mom kept me in a pixie my entire Childhood!)

Tudu said...

I love your new do!

I tried to email you several times and can't get it to go through.