Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Is the sky really falling?

Listening to the president tonight has got me thinking...is this the beginning of the next depression? We all know that we are in a recession, even though we aren't calling it that yet for some reason. It seems it's the governments' new role to keep us scared for some reason, it used to be to reassure us -"there is nothing to fear but fear itself"

I just feel like it shouldn't be the American Taxpayers that bail out these huge organizations who made this mess.

I don't know what the answer is but I do know that my friends and family for the most part are having a really hard time right now. I hope we can bring about some kind of positive change in about 41 days.

2 comments:

Just Lisa said...

Yes, times are scary right now!

I guess tri tip is kinda a California thing. It’s all that is delicious! It’s cut from the bottom sirloin-- so if you’re looking at a side of beef, you’ve got sirloin up top, then tenderloin, then top sirloin, then bottom sirloin. You marinate it all day or put a dry rub on it, and then you can grill it for a couple hours (or I’ve even put it in my crockpot all day). You cut it thin and eat it in strips, or make a tri tip sandwich, or you can dice it up and make carne asada burritos or make a big pot of chili… yum!

Marthavmuffin said...

Oh I use that all the time= I use either bottom round, top round, or sirloin and I do just that- marinate it for a day or so and then grill it indirectly- with the fire off to the left, with a drip pan underneath the meat and the cover of the grill closed. YUM!

My marinade is honey, garlic, oil, vinegar, basil, oregano and ketchup.