Monday, December 27, 2010

A Game Player is Born!




Yes Jamie has been playing Chutes and Ladders, Candy Land, Memory game and Hi Ho Cherry O!




Those games are ok once in a while but I have to say they are pretty monotonous. She really excels at the Memory Game, as she beats me most time we play. (this is the game where you play out all the cards face down and pick two at a time trying for pairs). I guess her little brain is fresher at remembering.




A friend had gotten Blokus from a friend, who suggested it for her child who is Jamie's age. She sugggested it as a game that could be enjoyed by parents as well as almost five year olds.




So I bought it as a 'Santa' gift to the whole family. And my Mom bought her 'Go Fish' and "War" Yes these are both card games that can use an actual regular pack of cards, but these are cute with the Toy Story characters as the numbers.




Jamie LOVES playing all three of these games! And me and mom LOVED playing them with her.



Try Blokus for a fun simple strategy game even a almost five year old can play. It's a strategy game that I hope will give her the background knowledge and skills to progress to playing my all time favorite Strategy game Settlers of Cataan someday. In Blokus all you need to know is to put your next piece on the board touching corners of their own color.

Jamie caught on immediately.

3 comments:

Little Miss Sunshine State said...

Did you get snow?

We played lots of Pop-o-matic Trouble when my kids were young.

Marthavmuffin said...

Yes the snow was sited around town yesterday morning before church.

Thanks for the suggestion, I will try Trouble as well. :-)

Felicia said...

Looks like a cool game. I will have to try it myslef, chutes and ladders is getting old for me.