Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Boy! Am I hungry!

Since I really haven't contributed to the family blog as of yet I decided it was time to do so for a couple of reasons. As my girth has now reached the "beached whale" phase of by being now is the time to contemplate the old diet and exercise regime. Now that we have Jamie, I want to make sure I'm around to see her thrive and grow into adulthood along with my beautiful wife. There simply are not words one could utter to express the sheer joy my wife and I have felt ever since we have been fortunate enough to have Jamie come into our lives. Now though, it's time to get the health issues in line and go for the "fighting weight" I need to get down to in order to start feeling better and give me a chance to keep up with our daughter.

Though I wasn't really into the prospect of taking on three new additions to the household in the form of three kittens I have to how wonderful it has been to have them around. I just wasn't sure I was ready to handle three of them Pancho's loss still so fresh in our minds. I still can't believe we lost our other three cats so quickly. It's like I turned around and they were just "gone." The emotional price is always greater than you realize when it does eventually happen.

Jamie's reaction to them have been interesting to say the least. She seems to like them well enough but her behavior had taken on a noticable change since we've gotten them. There is no doubt in her mind there is a competition for attention now with our three new additions. Martha and I have even, as late as last night, taken to not discussing the kittens when we need to focus on here. I think later she'll be o.k. and fall in love with them as we already have.

Now, back to the fact I'm sitting here at school where class just ended and I'm so hungry. Martha and I have planned to take out as much carbs in my diet as possible. Bread, pasta, rice, or anything related to spuds is now out. Since Monday morning I have been pretty good about holding to it. How's that for bragging about 24 hrs. of will power. One thing though, last night in a fit of determination checked to see how much carbs are in raisons and my jaw dropped when I looked closer: 33grams per serving. Aaarrrrgggghhhh. No more raisons in salads for me. The last time Martha and I struck out on this journey towards slimsville we did pretty well. This time though, I hope to get within the neighborhool of my target weight: 215 to 220 lbs. In the next day or two I'll do a weigh in to start tracking my progress. Jeez, actually weighing myself to see my true weight is not something I'm looking forward to. I imagine I'll put it off as long as possible to keep the denial train in full throttle but I know it has to be done for a point of reference goal wise..

Hopefully blogging about it will give me the incentive and a good way to track my progress. Hmmmm...should I do a before and after photo? The answer is yes, but I won't post it until I've dropped at least 20 lbs.

2 comments:

Cinda said...

Ok - with you guys and the McPeaks going strong,the Nordins are going to have to join you! Good going!

Marthavmuffin said...

Ha, I may need to get on board too. Although I am not eating my daily dish of ice cream anymore, I still eat cookies and/or candy every day. I have gained back 10 of the 25 lbs I last 3 years ago and I don't want to go back into obesity. I guess I need to do more than give up my daily dish of ice cream!