Friday, September 28, 2007

Poopy and Peepee post

Well I have been reading blogs for quite some time and have read alot of the cute stories about baby and toddlers bodily functions and I finally have a funny poopy/peepee story.

Tonight we swam in the pool after dinner, as there is a noreaster coming tomorrow and I have a feeling this may be the last swim of the season. It was delightful as it usually is as our girl is quite the water baby and the pool temp was still 85 degrees. While playing on the steps I noticed something about her swim diaper that seemed strange and yes, it had been used recently - I guess that wasn't just a fart we heard daddy.

So we took her out of the pool and took her to the edge of the yard and peeled off the poopy swim diaper and got her rinsed off enough to take her in. (The swim diaper did its job and contained the feces within, which is good news, that was our first proof that they do work). Then when I got her into the screened porch, while I was drying off she stood over by the fountain and peed on the ground as I hadn't put another diaper on her yet. Then I scooped her up and took her up to the bath which was also very much enjoyed, as she always does.

After she got out of the bath she ran to the potty we just put in the bathroom about a week ago and kept sitting on it and getting up, while we talked to her about peeing in it. She would get up and stand and spread her legs real wide like she was going to do the splits, letting her feet slide apart. Mike said what the heck is she doing? I said she is a kid, she is doing weird kid things, get used to it, we have many years of weird kid stuff ahead...Then she peed on the floor and said her new word of the week - 'PeePee!'

So exciting, her first bodily function verbalization! Maybe this is the post that will get grandma reading the blog!!

No comments: