Thursday, January 6, 2011

Winter blahs

Ok I know Florida isn't having the kind of winter most of the country experiences, but we have been getting more than our share of cloudy days and cold temps. I can't believe I have only been back to work for four days from being off for 2 wks.

I just wish I could be independently wealthy and have the time and money to do whatever I wish.

It was Jamie's fifth birthday Tuesday - and all we did was go to Chuckie Cheese with a couple of her friends. It was going to just be Emmie, but then Emmie was off with her dad so I had to go get her (Tuesday is usually a night that we take Emmie while her mom works late). Anyway because I knew I couldnt get Emmie there til 6:30 I put out the call on FB to a couple of her school friends parents and one of the dads brought Chayse from Jamie's school.

I wasn't really pleased with Jamies behavior as she latched onto Emmie and kind of kicked Chayse to the curb when we got there.

Chayse wouldn't speak to Jamie at school the next day but they are friends again today.

I hope Jamie learned something.

We hope to have a party later in the month, but I have yet to call around to make that plan. Either a jump house place or a pony party at a riding stable (that also has a jump house). Jamie has a list of about 10 kids...

Its at least $350 for a party, just what I cant really afford right now.

BLEGH!

1 comment:

The Lovely One said...

Bug's birthday is coming up, and I want to figure out some kind of party for her. She's never had a party (other than with family) and I feel like she's been deprived. But you're right, they're so expensive! The alternative is to have it at the house, and I think that might be too stressful for me!

Happy birthday to Jamie!