Monday, September 13, 2010



Ok so the paint we picked for the cupboards we were going to use on the woodwork. It was a light green called parchment. When put on the door it wasn't so light. And it is way more avocadoey if you know what I mean. It harkens back to 1975.

So back to the drawing board. Home depot has a online room color designer, it's pretty cool - you can change the color of the countertops, cupboards, paint and trim. The countertop isn't the right shade but it allowed me to pick some paint colors that would look nice together.

'Hickory' is on the wall (and it really is already!) and so I picked this 'Winter wheat' for the trim. The tile shown in the photo is our actual tile and the cabinets are pretty close.

What do you think?

1 comment:

Frederik Urshgur said...

I'm gonna have to agree with Brian, Keith and Mick, and say ya gotta paint it BLACK!


I see a red door & I want it pain´ted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I´ve to turn my head till my darkness goes

I see a line of cars & they are all pain´ted black
With flowers & my love, both never to come back
I see people turn their heads & quickly look away
Like a newborn baby it just happens ev´ryday

I look inside myself & see my heart´s black
I see my red door & it is been pain´ted black
Maybe then I will fade away & not have to face the facts
It isn´t easy facing up when your whole world is black

No more will my green sea go turn a deeper blue
I couldn´t forsee this thing happening to you
If I look hard enough into the setting sun
My love will laugh with me before the morning comes

I see a red door & I want it pain´ted black
No colors anymore I want them to turn black
I see the girls walk by dressed in their summer clothes
I´ve to turn my head till my darkness goes

Hmm, hmm, hmm...

I want to see it pain´ted black, pain´ted black
Black as night, black as coal
I want to see the sun, blotted out from the sky
I want to see it pain´ted, pain´ted, pain´ted, pain´ted black
Yea