Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Will this winter ever end?

Stating to feel better FINALLY, but I am telling you this winter has been brutal. I know you folks up north have had it worse than us in Florida. But my darned electric bill was almost $500 in January and almost $400 for February. They just don't build the houses here to stay warm. We live in a 1958 circa split level with no attic and no insulation between the ceiling and the roof. Plus we have a wall of windows on the back of the house looking out over the pool. I'm thinking they are probably the originaly windows too.

It will be going down into the freezing temperatures for the umpteenth time tonight.

This has been the winter of my discontent and I am ready for it to be over.

4 comments:

Cinda said...

Agreed!!!

Lauri said...

I just had to laugh at that Martha... so funny... to me that is

I have been frozen since November here in ohio and we still have 3 feet of snow in our yard


Hugs

we are all ready for spring

Deborah Mata said...

Well Ms.Martha you should be in Ky. it has been SNOW!!!! The kids have loved it here.
We are warming up and they are upset about it.

Marthavmuffin said...

Wowow so good to hear from you Deb. Drop me a line now and then, miss talking with you. Glad to hear about you and the kiddos whereabouts. No Blog yet? you should start one.