Thursday, August 28, 2008

Cone of Concern: Fay has left now here comes Hannah, and then Ike?


Yes I know I didn't mention Gustav but that storm is currently heading to New Orleans, and Fay is still causing storms and rain across the country but both are outside of our 'cone of concern'. This term is apparently only used by my favorite local Weather man Tim Deagan. I thought everyone knew what the 'cone of concern' was, but last week I queried several people here in my town and hardly anyone knew what it was, and it had me in hysterics. I know what's so funny about that? I guess you had to be there.

1 comment:

Trooper Thorn said...

No, I get it. I think Austin Powers might have employed the Cone of Concern at one time.

Up where I life, we have work and school canceled a few days a year for snow. In the South, I guess it's tropical storms kids pray for and parents pray against.