Wednesday, April 18, 2012

Someone called her fat today

Jamie came home from dance class today and said another girl told her she was fat.

I was sad for my girl and feel bad that she does have a tummy. (as we all do in this family)

I asked her what she said to the girl and this is what she said,

"It's not nice to say mean things to people and make them feel bad".

Good for her, what a great answer. Couldn't have advised her to say anything different. (Though I was thinking, what a mean little girl!)

Anyway, Jamie asked me if she should 'not talk to her again'.

This was a tough one but I do believe in not holding grudges and turning the other cheek so I told her to be polite and nice to the girl unless she says something mean again. then if she is mean again to tell the little girl that she doesn't talk to mean people.

Think that was ok advice?


4 comments:

Lauri said...

Kids can be mean... ugghh

That was great advice and re: your last post.. Liv is so hard on her clothing and puts a hole in the knees of her leggings/pants weekly

The Lovely One said...

Ah, poor Jamie! But she handled it well, so that's good.

This is what I always say to Bug: you don't have to be everyone's friend, but you do have to be nice to everyone!

Marthavmuffin said...

Thanks guys, it's so hard to know what to say when you want to say, what a meanie, you need to be mean back! (not really but the momma bear juices get flowing!)

Anonymous said...

Plump ass like hers is gonna be enjoying lots of African cocks